Corporate & Sustainability responsibility
1. REO recognises its corporate and social responsibilities towards customers/clients, employees, shareholders, suppliers and other stakeholders. REO is committed to making lasting real contributions to the local communities in which we operate. REO is committed to being a good employer and reducing our carbon footprint and promoting environmental sustainability.
2. REO provides equal opportunities both to job applicants and existing employees, recognising that our reputation depends on the wellbeing, effectiveness and skill base of our employees. REO is committed to the equal treatment of all employees and promotes the prohibition of discrimination, in areas including equal pay, fair treatment and employment opportunities for a diverse workforce.
3. REO offers flexible working arrangements where practicable to help employees achieve a good work/life balance.
4. REO provides workplaces of a high standard for the benefit of our employees and customers/clients, with equally high standards of adherence to health and safety requirements.
5. REO seeks to minimise the environmental impact of its activities.
6. REO is committed to preventing pollution, minimising waste from its offices and workplaces and adopting good environmental and sustainable management practices. REO seeks to improve the efficiency of its use of resources by conducting activities and operations in line with current environmental legislation and best environmental practices.
7. Employees regularly take part in fundraising activities for REO’s chosen charity and are encouraged to participate in local community projects, or projects of their own choosing, that carry particular resonance for them through paid volunteering leave and personal volunteering in their own time.
8. Many of our employees are from the areas local to their workplaces and we aim to build long term relationships with the local community and local groups through local charitable donations and volunteering.
9. REO sponsors local charities which support vulnerable people, many of which are nominated by employees or members of our local community